Monday, July 9, 2012

A Cool Tool Review

Today over on the Yellow Cape Cod I was introduced to a sweet new tool that I can use for decorating inspiration.  You know those totally inspiring photos on Pinterest that have the color palates pulled from them?  Well this Chip It! tool from Sherwin-Williams gives you the ability to create your own custom color palates from any photo and save them on their site.  So I tried it out on a few photo favorites that I had pinned on Pinterest.  Here are my results:





It's not perfect.  The yellows turned a little too golden instead of a nice citrus, and the tool fails to pick up on small pops of color that tend to make a room or photo feel balanced and complete.  None the less, I feel like this is a good starting point to find inspiration for a new room or to find additional colors to add to an established room.  Plus you get a list of specific paint colors to go find in the store.  Seems a lot easier than attempting to sort through 10 similar shades of blue trying to find just the right one.  Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment