Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Today is a momentous day in my life…and I didn’t even realize it until my sweet husband surprised me with these at work today.



I had no idea why I received such a beautiful bouquet.  Were my tacos that delicious the other night?  The card revealed that my clever husband knew that as of today, I have officially been alive for 10,000 days.

10,000 days

Not only was this a very sweet, unexpected surprise that brightened my day, but this has also given me a chance to reflect back on my 10,000 days of life; the good, the bad, the routine.

I was an only child for 1173 days. 
I’ve been a big sister for 8827 days. I still remember the day Daniel was born.
4654 days passed from my first day of kindergarten to my graduation from high school.
I was a college student for 1576 days.
1953 days passed from my first date with Jason to our wedding day.
I’ve been a dog mom to Winston for 1564 days.
1498 days ago I passed the NCLEX-RN and became a Registered Nurse like Mom and Grandma.
We’ve been homeowners for 1339 days.
I’ve been married to my best friend for 1047 days.
I’ve been free of student-loan debt for 2 days.

I have so many more events, significant or not, that I would love to add if only I could remember the dates!  My goal going forward is to be more mindful of the good things in my life that I experience each day and end every day with a sense of thankfulness for another day of life.

Today, as I looked through my “Growing up with Charlotte” photo album that Mom made for me I am reminded of all of those family, friends, people and places that have shaped me through the years.  I am so grateful for everyone who has played a part in leading me to where I am 10,000 days later.

2 comments:

  1. How in the world did he know this? I will have to pay attention, because this means I will be 10,000 days old in 11 days, right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He figured it out last Fall while researching gifts for my birthday. There's actually some cool date calculators out there which is how I came up with the numbers on my post. You will have to mark your calendar for your big day coming up!

      Delete